Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fragrance Oils Testing



Wish I could make soap in these colors.  I had this rose bloomed the day before yesterday in my garden, just love it.


I have quite a few fragrance oils that I have not yet tried and would like to know how they behave.  So I decided to do the testing by making a batch of soap and split it into 10 molds to try each fragrance.  In order to see how they would discolor, I used white base.




As you can see, I had difficulties unmolding these soaps, lol.  These are kept for nearly a month now.  The colors varied in very interesting shades.  All these fragrances are from Daystar.



Nectar's Blush - nice & strong, slight acceleration.
Pure Intention - subtle, but fresh, floral scent, a bit of acceleration.
Frosted Indulgence - sweet vanilla fragrance, no acceleration noted, but discolored to very dark brown.
Lea - vanilla type of fragrance, lost some note when soaped, lovelier in lotion.
Bamboo Sugar Cane - strong, this scent grows on me.
Liquid Crack - strong, not sure I like it but lots of other people do.
Magnolia Acai - nice floral, very subtle, acceleration noted.
Private Bloom - this one fades right out, noticed some clumping.
Peacefully Mango Breeze - didn't like it OOB, but smells better once soaped, fresh, strong fragrance. 
Green Tea & Ginger - nice & strong.

That was fun, but I had to work quickly especially toward the end.  May be next time I will try with less fragrance oils.

Thank you for reading, comments would be welcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment