Saturday, September 25, 2010

DBHP Continues

Still I am making more DBHP.  It's quite fun and fast to see the result and to try out new soap recipe.  The only problem with this is, the soap I made last week is still quite soft after a week of curing.  Maybe part of the problem is the high humidity we are having at the moment.

Anyway here are two more batches, both of these, I did more water discount than the last two.  The first one was with 27% lye solution, and the second one was with 28% lye solution.  At the end of cook, the fluidity was still good.  Though admittedly, these two did not turn out as planned.







I wanted to make hard, dry soap with less cure time, so I pushed beyond the 35% water rule with my last one.  At the end of cook, the soap was quite dry.  I was able to mold it but barely and texture does not look good.  




So I guess with soap, the best we can do is to be patience. 

1 comment: