Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Solid Perfume

Some more fragrance oils have arrived and they smell really good.  At first I wanted to make perfume oil, but I could not find the recipe that was simple enough for me.  Instead I stumbled upon a recipe for solid perfume which looked very simple and more important I had all the require materials.  

I never made any type of perfume, so this is the first try.  I found this recipe from Snowdrift Farm but had modified it a little bit.

Ingredients
Beeswax 5 grams
Carnauba wax 4 grams
Fractionated Coconut Oil 50 grams
Mango Butter 5 grams
Vitamin E 0.6 gram
Fragrance Oil  12 grams

This makes about six tins.

As I used natural beeswax, I had to grate it to make it easier to melt.  Then I melt the waxes, oil and butter in a double boiler.  After everything melted, removed from heat and added vit. E and stirred.  Then I filled one tin at a time with 10 grams of oil and then added 2 grams of fragrance oils to each, gave it another stir.  Did the same with the rest.  Then let them rest and that's it .


Isn't this easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment