Monday, November 8, 2010

Vanilla Cream Soap

Here we sometimes use lard for cooking, but after hearing so much praise about it in soap, I decided to give it a try.

Here is the recipe for this particular batch, hope it will be gentle with plenty of bubbles as lard is said to give big bubbles.

Olive Oil             35 %
Lard                   40 %
Coconut Oil        10 %
Cocoa Butter      15 %

It's said that lard takes a long time to trace, and since this batch contained both olive and lard, I decided to go for the extreme 42% discounted water.  Even with this steep discount, it took quite a while to trace.

I was not going to color this as I know the F.O. will discolor, so I added whipped cream, honey and colloidal oat at trace.  Also made some textured top to add some excitement to a rather plain looking soap and a little gold mica for fun.

This is how it looked when it went into mold.



I have left this batch to cure for a month now, the soap discolored beautifully and it smells so good.



Now all I have to do is wait a couple more months before I can try this.


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment